Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pictures

Well I finally got the software installed for my new camera to get some pictures posted. Some are from Allison's birthday at the end of February, a few from Harley's field trip to Funks Grove where we learned how to make maple sirup (yes that is how it was first spelled!), and just some random ones from home.


Here is Allison with her cake I made. She said she loved the color. That's my girl, pink and purple are such great colors!


Matt trying to figure out how to work his camera. Unfortunately their camera's batteries died so I took what pictures I could for them.


In this picture, Allison is showing off her favorite birthday gift!

Next are some field trip pictures.


All of us were waiting to get into groups.


Here our group was waiting the evaporator, which heats the maple sap to remove most of the water from it to make syrup.


Here is a look toward the "Sugar Grove" where the maple trees are located that get tapped. We learned a lot about how maple syrup is made and that the season is only about 3 to 3 1/2 weeks long here. Also it takes 40 gallons of sap to make 1 gallon of syrup!

Next are just a few fun ones from home.


Harley playing the Wii. She is boxing which can make you tired in no time!


Brodie playing the Wii. I think he is a pro at these gaming systems!


Our pretty dog! Spook loves to have her picture taken!!

Well hopefully I will have some time later this week to add some more!

No comments: