Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happenings

Well I finally have a chance to get to the computer! I have some new pictures of the kids that we had taken right before Easter that I will add shortly. Also just wanted to give an update on what all of us have been doing the last couple of weeks.

I'll start with the kids first. Not too much has been happening since going back to school after Spring Break. It's hard to believe that they are in the 4th nine weeks already! Harley's grade had the "talk/video" at the beginning of the month. She said all the kids were pretty good about not asking each other what they got. Now they hand out little bags that have deodorant and some other things in them for the boys and for the girls. The nurse also suggested that those of us that have daughters to get a book and for the life of me right now I can't remember it but we did get it for Harley. I thumbed through it so I at least know what she will be reading. Boy, I wish I had had something like that growning up!

Brodie has had a student teacher since after Christmas Break. Miss Capron will be leaving on May 1st and I think the kids will miss her. Brodie's regular teacher Mrs. Birt is putting together a great gift for her from the kids to help her start her own classroom once she has a teaching position. I think that is a great idea and it will help Miss Capron get off on the right foot teaching! Brodie's class will be taking a field trip tomorrow which I will be attending as well. We will be going to the Abraham Lincoln Museum in Springfield. I can't wait!! Ever since I was little Abraham Lincoln has been my favorite president not sure why that is. But I also love the Civil War time in American history so that could be the reason why I like him so much. Unfortunately we can't take pictures so I will just have to fill you in when we get back.

Onto Matt and I. Things are the same for me, still working thankfully! I count my blessings everyday that I have a great job and work with some great people. Tomorrow Matt attends his first day of training for his job he accepted at the ethanol plant in Gibson City. He is very nervous but I know he will do just fine. We feel very fortunate that he was offered this job as we know jobs are hard to come by right now especially jobs that are paying above minimum wage that don't require previous experience or a degree.

1 comment:

the Voelker's said...

Love that idea that Brodie's teacher is doing for the student teacher. Great to visit with you guys the other night, looking foward to doing more of that this summer, get that Harley out, we are riding this summer!!!!!!!!!!