Sunday, March 15, 2009

Catchin Up

Well I want to apologize for the lack of posts! We have been busy here in the Weidner household.
We have had 5 family birthdays since my post on Feb. 15th. First was Matt's birthday on the 20th. We celebrated his birthday with some friends that weekend by going out to eat. We also had plans to go indoor golfing but we ate too late to do that.

The next birthday was Dad's on the 26th of February. His birthday was kind of quiet, I think that was only because he wasn't feeling the best from having a sinus infection!

Then came Allison's birthday on the 28th. She had asked me to make her birthday cake and I said that I would. She asked me to make her a flower cake and have it iced in pink icing. I will post a couple pictures later this week of her cake. It didn't turn out exactly like I wanted but it did turn out good.

Then we roll into March birthdays. First was Sylvia's birthday on the 7th. Our family along with Brad and his fiance Wendi took Sylvia out for dinner at Chili's in Champaign. Then we went to the mall where Sylvia and I tried on some dresses for Brad's wedding in September and did not find anything we liked however I did get two great bargains on two jackets for Harley and my self! We got two jackets regularly priced (total price) $235 for $60!!!! How sweet is that! Anyway, we then went back to Brad and Wendi's house for cake, that is jello cake, one of Sylvia's favorites!

The next birthday was Rebecca's on the 13th. I had given my brother her birthday cards the Sunday prior because I wanted her to enjoy the one that I got her for a while before her birthday. Needless to say she really enjoyed the card but my brother didn't!! HA! You'll have to ask Rebecca about it the next time you talk to her!

In the meantime, we have yet again had water in our basement from the recent rains. We have decided to dig a hole in our basement and put in a sump pump. Hopefully this will solve our problem so keep your fingers crossed for us! Also Harley and myself learned how to make maple syrup on her class field trip. That was so interesting! I will also post pictures of the trip later this week.

I am hoping things slow down for a little while for us. Spring Break is coming up for the kids and they are so excited. I look forward to posting the pictures I have told you about as I got a new camera and it has all kinds of cool things on it. Unfortunately I haven't learned how to use all of them but I plan too!

Stay tuned!

No comments: