Sunday, February 1, 2009

January comes to a close...

Thankfully January is now over and we are moving closer and closer to Spring! With having frigid temperatures and several inches of snow, I am glad to see February!!! The kids had 3 snow days I think in January which now makes the school year end in June. I guess I would much rather have them going to school in an air-conditioned room than stuck on a school bus in a snow drift without any heat. Unfortunately that last statement isn't too far from the truth as the kids' bus was having problems on Thursday and even quit running twice as the kids got dropped off at the sitters! We also saw Matt's employment end at Vesuvius, USA due to the poor economy but he has been able to stay busy helping out the township with plowing all the snow we have gotten!

As you can see in the upcoming events, we have lots of birthdays this month for family and friends. This starts our busy time for birthdays. We have someone from the family that has a birthday in February, March, April, and May. Then it picks up again in August. I guess this would be the wrong time to go on a diet, huh?!?!?!

Well I hope all of you are survived the month of January and are enjoying these slightly warmer temperatures (in the 30's) and are looking forward to February just as much as we are!

No comments: