Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sad news

As most of you know Matt was laid off from Vesuvius in early November due to the lack of work orders they were receiving from steel mills. Sadly this economic downturn has affected us more than what we had wished for. Effect March 23, 2009 the Vesuvius Fisher Plant will close its doors. Matt learned of this on Thursday night with more information given out on Friday. Matt has worked at Vesuvius for 13 years and he loved his job and made some life long friends while working there. He is coping with this a lot better than I thought. For me, I am very sad to see this happen but realize that he was not the only one this has happened to. There are a lot of older guys (older than Matt) that have 20-30 even 40 years invested in this company that now have to start over. Hopefully someone is watching over them and will help them find something new. I know that this company would not have done this unless they had too.

I will keep you posted if anything changes!

No comments: