Unfortunately February hasn't been the most loving month for us. Monday, February 9th, Matt's grandma passed away. Mae was 88 years old and was surrounded by family when she passed away. She had been fighting cancer for several years and I think her body just couldn't take it anymore. Matt and I along with his cousins Meg and Amy were with her when she took her last breath. As creepy as that was it was also very special to know that she had to of felt at peace surrounded by her grandchildren.
Two days later during Mae's visitation, Matt's cousin Amy receives word from her fiance that he got a call that their house was on fire. Just to jog your memory that was the night that the winds were gusting to 50mph. Tragically their home was fully engulfed by the time the fire departments arrived. Yes, I said fire departments. I think 6 or so departments were called in. Their home was a total loss. I couldn't imagine what was going through their heads. I think I would have totally lost it. Thank God they were fine but to know that all of your possession were gone it heartbreaking. I know though that they will survive this huge pot hole in the road of life!!
Just want everyone to be thankful for what you have in life and not to take things for granted because you never know what will happen next!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment