Then came December.
December has had a lot happening.
Week 1
Harley had her first Christmas concert for 5th grade band. She is playing the clarinet and does very well if I do say so myself. The same week of the band concert was the K-5 winter program. The kids were all excited because they got the wear their pj's! It was a really good program and I think I have a picture or two from it that I will post as well. Matt had the camera while I had the camcorder so I'm not sure how well the pictures turned out. Harley had a speaking part in the program this year and she was so excited. I of course was a little emotional (when am I not when it comes to my kids!) because that was her last Christmas program because she will be in 6th grade next year! And speaking of 6th grade, we have already had to decide if she was going to do band or not. Boy time flies!
Week 2
The second week in December was also busy. It was my Dad's family's turn to host the Heavilin Christmas. As most of you know we have to rent a big enough building for at least 60 people if not more and some place for the kids to play if possible. So this year the Christmas was held in Bellflower at the old school. We started cooking Friday (2 turkeys and 1 ham) then early Saturday Matt put another ham in the smoker. Then the kids and I went down to Bellflower and waited for my brother and my Dad to arrive. Once they arrived and got everything unloaded, we rearranged some tables and started peeling potatoes. We peeled around 15 pounds of potatoes that day. Good thing we did because they were gone before everyone went through the line! We ate on time and there were not fights or accidents with the kids. It was great! The building was big enough to hold all of us Heavilins and I can say with pride it is still standing after we left!
Week 3
Well week 3 was kind of quite. It was the last week of school for the kids this year. I went and ate lunch at school with Brodie that Wednesday. It was actually very good. Brodie wanted to leave with me and go home and just hang out but I told him that he couldn't and he started to cry. He just wanted to spend time with his mom. :o(
I also had PTO time to use so I was off Tuesday-Thursday that week but it ended up being Friday too due to the weather. Mother Nature sue hasn't been nice to us this winter!
Week 4
Now the kids are out of school for winter break and are enjoying it so far. They had a decent Christmas for the most part. I will add a post on that a little later. I'm updating at work!
Hope all of you have a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Friday, December 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment