Friday, December 26, 2008

November In Review

Well November started out on a sour note. Matt got laid off from Vesuvius for the first time in almost 13 years.

The first few days Matt was okay with it because it gave him more time to hunt but after two weeks he was bored and really bummed out. While I was worried about insurance and $$, Matt was more worried about what he was going to do and how long would this lay off last. I felt really bad for him because he really likes his job and wants to go to work but he can't. So he started some home improvement projects.

First he decided to tear up the carpet in the family room. Guess what he found, he found hardwood flooring. It isn't in great shape but it isn't in bad shape either. I will post some pictures of it later. Then he did some re-routing of cable and phone lines because we moved our computer into a different room and may eventually move our TV. Next he started tearing down the ceiling in the basement. That stopped because we ended up getting water in the basement. I really don't want to talk about that situation right now! After putting the basement on hold, he started filling in and sanding down the cracks in the plaster of our dining room. He finished that but left the painting to me which is not done yet. Then came time for first season shot gun and it was a well needed break from home for Matt. He didn't see too many deer but did get a nice 8 point that will soon be mounted on the wall.

In November I also celebrated my birthday, very low key which is how I like it! My brother and Rebecca also celebrated their 12th anniversary. Their anniversary is the day after my birthday, so neither of us have an excuse to forget!

Then came December...

No comments: