Last night was the first home football game for the Ridgeview High School team and it was when the Ridgeview JFL players, cheerleaders, and coaches were announced. We all had to line up at the one end zone so that as the kids' names were announced, they could run out onto the football field. I originally thought that the cheerleaders would be announced first but we weren't. I told the girls that they just saved the best for last! Of course I believe that and all the girls agreed too!
The school also introduced out new mascot to the crowd last night. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera to share a picture but I will get one soon! We know have an official Mustang. No not a real life horse but an official costume with someone inside. Midnight the Mustang made his debut but I think whoever is inside needs to get a little more school spirit because we just didn't have that last night.
Ridgeview lost their home opener to Flanagan 49-8. I attribute this lose to poor blocking, penalties and NO CHEERLEADERS!!!!!!! Yes that is right, Ridgeview does not have any high school football cheerleaders this year due to no sponsor. This is very sad because I don't even think the crowd was giving our boys any encouragement.
I would have loved to see my girls out on that track cheering the high school boys on. Hmmm, maybe that could happen for homecoming...
I'll keep you posted!!!!!
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment