Hi All!
Boy the last few weeks have just flown by for us! What's been occupying our time, well let me tell you.
About a month ago I received an email at work stating that there were 10 girls that had signed up for youth football cheerleading but no coach and did I have any suggestions. My heart dropped. Harley had been looking forward to that all summer as well as some of her friends. My heart dropped and I started to debate on whether I should coach something I have no clue how to do. So I asked my good friend from high school, Angela, if she would be interested in helping coach. See she has cheerleading and dance experience so I knew if I could get her to help, the girls would be set. Angela agreed to help even working full time and going back to college for her masters degree. What a blessing for not only me but for the girls too!!!
So two weeks ago we started practice. Yes, two weeks ago when Matt and I both were on vacation. I know it didn't make sense but I knew if we waited to much longer that school would start and I didn't want a lot of practices during the week for the girls and myself. Yes, I am learning all these cheers too. Truthfully the last two weeks have been very fun and a learning experience. We have 8 5th graders and 2 4th graders. Most have cheered before so it is just like riding a bike to them. The five new girls have picked things up so fast it is like they have all been cheering together for the last 3 years.
So wish the girls good luck! I will try to post some pictures in the next few days from practice as our first game we are cheering at isn't until August 30th. I have added the website is you ever want to check up on our team.
GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Christie, this is so awesome of you to do for these girls!!!
Post a Comment